The Making of The Spirit of Sport
February 01, 2019
It's in the spirit of sport. It's here, it's Red Deer.
The Spirit of Sport advertising campaign is all about promoting our community featuring people from our community. We wanted to authentically show our paths and parks, sports, arts, culture and culinary experiences in a fun and exciting way. Our 30-second commercial and ads were shot at three different Red Deer locations using 99% volunteer citizens.
- To the Lost - locally owned and uniquely Red Deer downtown restaurant.
- The historic CP Rail Bridge – a landmark for our City connected to our Waskasoo trail system.
- The Servus Arena – newly built arena located centrally in Red Deer hosting international hockey competitions.
Here’s the behind the scenes facts:
- 59 - Volunteer citizens from Red Deer and surrounding area participated in shooting 3 scenes at 3 locations at 3 separate shoot times
- 12 - Families with multiple members involved
- 3 - Sets of best friends
- 6 - 2019 high school graduates
- 37 - Locals over 18 yrs old
- 11 - Locals between 18 yrs old and 10 yrs old
- 11 – Of our littlest locals 8 yrs old and under
Over the next few weeks, you’ll see each scene launched on our social media channels. Keep an eye out for someone you may know, it might be your neighbour, your kids friend from school or the hockey coach down the street!
To view behind the scenes pictures and video footage – check out our Instagram Story!